out of my head, into the camera

So to start off, here's a shot I've been working on. I had been meaning to shoot it for a while, and with weather and schedules and timing all coming together, I finally had the chance recently. I think I've been working myself into starting a series, but it's going to be created over a relatively long period of time to completely develop into what I want. It's going to be one of those projects that I have to really discover what I want to convey both emotionally and aesthetically before I jump the gun on showing everything. Some of that discovery comes from research, planning and pure thinking, and some comes from the organic nature of the shoot, and the editing afterwards. So don't expect to see a whole lot in the near future, but I'll be updating the progress.

Thanks to Matthew King for modelling and Lauren McCarter for helping out.


By the way, check out Matt's website, he creates some beautiful art that should get some recognition!

As for other updates, I have a magazine shoot coming up this week that I'm extremely excited for, I can't wait! I also need a new backup drive.. I've filled the first terabyte (christ..). I've also been trying a bunch of lighting schematics on myself for reference, but I really need to get a new subject because some look terrible on me but would likely look good on someone else.. like an actual model, distinguished man, someone with different bone structure, etc.

I'll leave you with a few video links, all of which I find innovative, inspiring, and creative.. in completely different ways.

Take Me Out by Atomic Tom, performed with iPhone apps live on a NYC subway

GoPro 2010 Highlights (wicked angles for extreme sports footage)

Kanye West - Runaway Film

Comments

Popular Posts