website update, etc.

So one of my new years goals is complete - a redesign of my website. Not much visually has changed I guess, still white and pretty minimalistic, but there were a few things that were bugging me I wanted to fix. Centre the site, add my logo, placement of buttons, have the blog button link right here, make twitter and facebook icons as their buttons instead of words. But my my main thing was to take down a few pics and put up some newer ones in their place - with thumbnails so you can actually go to a specific image. All of which was easier to do than I thought, even though I had to start every page from scratch to do it right. Now just to get more new work done and up there of course, so my gallery page doesn't look so scrawny. Here's a screenshot for the hell of it, but it's better just to have a look at the site itself.


Last week's shoot for Our Homes Ottawa went well, and I'll be posting a couple images/outtakes/tearsheets when I can. I think it comes out in March so won't be for a little while. I've also been brainstorming indoor shoots I can do during this frigid winter since I mostly shoot outdoors every other season, including a series I started a while ago and will be coming back to this spring/summer. So I think I've come up with an interesting little project. Well, maybe not so little depending how it goes. More on everything later, when I'll post whoever I shoot first, if I'm actually diggin it. For some reason I can't think in single images lately, they're all series'. I need to get back into a one image at a time kinda feel.

I also got an amazing book by photographer Gregory Crewdson recently. It's his Twilight series (like, the time of day.. not Edward and Bella) and it's really worth a look at if you ever get a chance. Here's a video about him as well. The production for each of his photos is just insane, but the results are just as unbelievable.


And to end, another interesting video. I tend to watch things like this late at night, when it's that time between a completed day and a new one. It's when I end up doing random and abstract thinking, and get inspired about things sometimes not even remotely related to photography. This one, for instance, is a TED Talk by Brene Brown about vulnerability. It's really quite good. I have a bunch of these talks bookmarked from my late night viewings, so I'll try to add one to the end of every post, until I run out that is.

Comments

Popular Posts