nova scotia 3 - eric


After hitting our stops southeast of Halifax, Soph and I drove all the way up to Cape Breton, and decided to camp at Battery Provincial Park that night. When we checked in, Eric and a couple others greeted us and told us about the area. He seemed like a really chill guy, and had a great look, but I didn't mention a portrait at that time. So we went to our site (which was one of our favourites of the trip) and set up our tent and sleeping bags. We were really hungry so we started dinner right away. For me, that consisted of potatoes, peppers, and 5 hot dogs. Yes, 5. Long story, but basically they were going to go bad (and a slight chance they already were..) so I wanted to down as many as possible before they were definitely no good. Thankfully I didn't get sick! Great success. Afterwards we did the dishes and showered, which was nice for me, seeing as at the previous campsite Soph stole all the water, so it died literally right before I put the shampoo in my hair. I was not impressed. Anyways, we then played our ukes outside for a bit before being forced into the tent via mass amounts of mosquitos.

The next day we packed up and decided to ask Eric if he wanted to shoot before we left. So we went down to the exit and took some location shots, then asked him if he wanted to be a star model and he said that would be cool. I also shot another woman who worked there who was really fun, but Eric just had this certain look that really worked for this shot. So we got set up as the rain clouds started to come our way, and then got shooting. I got what I needed, and as we started to feel the rain, we finished up and packed everything as fast as possible. Afterwords we chatted with them inside for a bit, got the model releases signed, and off we went!









Comments

  1. Hay J what's up? Great to hear you enjoyed your stay at our park. We love having fun people like you guy's stay with us. All the best to you and S and we hope to see you again.......E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Eric! Thanks for the comment! Hope you like the shot, and I will be emailing it to you soon, after the rest of the portraits have been posted here :) If I'm ever back in Cape Breton, I'll be sure to stop by!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts