nova scotia 5 - isaac


For Sophie's birthday. we decided to check out another surfing place, this time at White Point Beach. We get there and talk to a couple people about it, and they say to come back in a couple of hours because the waves suck at the moment. So we looked around the shop, got free stickers, and decided to go to this seafood place we saw on the way. Soph got a delish bday meal of scallops and clams. We hung out for a while, charged our phones in their outlets, and eventually headed back. The waves still weren't good for surfing so we just walked around for a bit. We even found a bunny that Soph decided to play her uke for. Funny enough, it would only start to run away when she stopped playing.

I wanted to do a shot of the owner of the surf shop, he had a really cool look, very 70's surfer feel. He declined after asking (a couple times) but said I could shoot "one of these guys" and pointed to three of his staff. One guy, Isaac, immediately said, "I'll do it!" and I now had a subject. Which worked out well because I think he has a good look too. Went pretty simple for this one, just wanted him against this beachy wall outside, just a straight up no fuss portrait.

Check back next week for the last instalment in my Nova Scotia Portraits.. which could possibly my favorite from the trip!






Comments

Popular Posts