cruisin

Been a while since I posted last, and I'm way over due for an update. I was going to do this post a while ago but I got busy so it got pushed further back. But here it is now!

Over the (Canadian) Thanksgiving weekend in October, I was able to get together a 1960's Cadillac, a model that fit the look I was going for, and a location for this shoot I've been meaning to for a while. Originally I was thinking I wanted the whole car in it, but I ended up liking the closeups a lot more. I wanted a shot of a chill guy cruisin' in his ride late at night. What's this guy's story exactly? Maybe a young Dexter? Or coming home from a 'late night at the office'? We may never know. I think not knowing adds some mysterious vibe. Thanks to Matt for modelling, Greg for letting us borrow his car, Lauren for hairstyling/assisting, and Leanne for assisting and bringing some coffee to wash down our timbits.


I've also been doing some editorial work. Only thing I can share right now is the cover of November's Faces Magazine. Looks like I'm going to be continuing to work with them on each issue. Big thanks to Kyle Turk.


Shot some other stuff like headshots and commercial portraits, and have some other things coming up. I also have a couple more personal projects in the works. Getting close, but each has their own sticky details needed to be ironed out first. Really looking forward to the shooting, and can't wait to be able to share them. 

I also won a some business cards from Jukebox Print. They had a Twitter giveaway for photographers for their new ECG (Extreme Colour Gamut) cards on 28 pt stock. I was rather impressed with the quality. They also threw in some extras. Thanks guys! 


In September I found out last minute that The Sheepdogs were playing one night at Algonquin. Been a fan of theirs since the spring, and dad and I had a good time at the show. Here's a quick clip. The girl beside me was really into it.


And lastly, a Ted Talk by Brian Greene on string theory.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts