James Peake of CGI for Report On Business

A few months ago, I shot an e-Health Conference here in Ottawa for the Globe And Mail's Report On Business Magazine. I was asked to concentrate on two speakers and printed marketing materials of a company called CGI. I'm still not 100% clear on what they do, but I believe they are an IT company that works with many different clients in the healthcare, telecom, cyber security, and military industries.

I was also asked that if by some miracle one of these guys gave me the time of day, to snag a quick portrait. I was able to get one of Dr. James Peake, senior VP of CGI's Global Healthcare Practice. He's also a former US Army Surgeon General and Bush Cabinet Minister. I kind of stalked the dude for a little while after his presentation, waiting for him to finish speaking with everyone who stayed to chat with him. Eventually I asked if I could do a quick photo of him 'by the bathroom', and he was actually quite gracious, even joking about how I can't take his photo IN the bathroom. I got my light out, hand-held it a-la Jay Baruchel circa 2011, got past the big-grin-Sears-look he wanted to give me, and got a couple decent images before he was off to his next panel talk.

Here's the image, and the tearsheet of the page it ran on. Check out the July/August issue of Report On Business to read the entire article.





Comments

Popular Posts