Shopify for Marketing Magazine





I was pretty excited when I got the email about shooting the Business Development Team at Shopify for Marketing Magazine. Turns out they won Tech Player of the Year! With only being able to do some online scouting, we still managed to find this awesome sauna inspired meeting room that would be perfect for a group shot. The rest of their massive office (6 floors worth!) was pretty great too from what I saw, very Google-esque. Talk about an amazing work environment.

After we nailed the first shot, we set up for a second scene and I whipped out the 'mystery bag'. No one could guess what was inside, but they were stoked to find some Nerf guns to mess around with for a fun secondary shot (thanks to JVL, and your kids!).

Afterwards we photographed Brennan Loh on his own for the iPad cover. The whole shoot was a blast, and the Shopify staff were a pleasure to work with.

Shoutout to the other photogs assigned to shoot the three other winners: Dan Bannister with Shomi, Mike Ford with YouTube, and Raina + Wilson with Leo Burnett. Check out their work over at the Marketing Magazine winners page, they killed it.

Below I've got a tear sheet, some BTS shots (of course featuring my classic pylons: safety first!) and a couple pre production sketches I did for posing.

More to come..













Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts