Hybrid Pharm for Pharmacy Practice+Business

Back in the fall I had the privilege of photographing Rahim Dhalla and his team at Hybrid Pharm for Pharmacy Practice+Business magazine.

Hybrid Pharm define themselves as a modern wellness pharmacy specializing in providing a multi-modal approach to healthcare including access to medical cannabis, pharmacy and compounding as well as wellness and lifestyle modification programming.


For the cover shot of Rahim, we used a wall of his Pharmacy that had a design of the CBD molecular structure on a green background. This was perfect for a cover image, since it would have a strong visual punch, story context, as well as negative space for the copy.

I lit this shot with a Profoto B1X with a Medium Deep White Umbrella as the main with no diffusion at camera left, and another B1X with an XL Deep White Umbrella with diffusion for the fill placed behind me.



For an alternate cover option, I wanted to show more of the pharmacy's warmth by including most of the public area blurred out behind him. For both of these cover options, I was tethered to CaptureOne Pro with the cover art overlaid on top of the images as they came in, so I could see if I had enough headroom and negative space for the other graphic elements.

For this shot I mixed the natural window light with the B1X and XL umbrella combo.



Next we moved on to other images on the shot list. We had Angelo (the Clinic Manager, Nurses Aide, and Cannabis Consultant) do a mock consultation about medical cannabis in one of the private rooms used for these meetings. The room was quite small, so I bounced a bare B1X head into the corner of the room for a nice soft light source, mixed with the ambient lamps and monitor light in the room.



I used natural light for the images of the staff stocking shelves and helping customers. For the last image of Rahim and Angelo in their workshops & presentations area, I again used the B1X and XL umbrella combo to compensate for the silhouetting backlight from the windows.

For this shoot I used a Nikon D850 with either a Sigma Art 50mm 1.4, Sigma Art 35mm 1.4, or Nikon 24-70mm 2.8.





Check out the tear sheets below to see it in print! 

BTS images by Nicolai Gregory. 











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts