Girls Rock Camp 2018

Back in 2016 I approached the folks at Girls+ Rock Ottawa about a personal series I wanted to do in partnership with them. That first series of their rock camp for girls has turned into an ongoing collaboration. I've now photographed three girls camps and one women's camp!

Every year I do something a little different than the last, and for the 2018 camp I wanted to focus on these amazing participants with no bells and whistles, no distractions, just them.

Scroll on to see a few portraits, as well as BTS images and technical info!










Technical Information: 

I used a single Profoto B1X with a Medium Deep White Umbrella, but collapsed as far as I could to alter the shape of light to be more focussed. The strobe was triggered and controlled by Air Sync and Air USB. I used a Nikon D850 with a Sigma Art 85mm 1.4 lens, tethered to CaptureOne Pro via TetherTools to my Apple MacBook Pro in an SKB case.

Thank you again to the folks at Girls+ Rock Ottawa, the campers, and especially to my rad assistants Kamara Morozuk and Melody Maloney for their hard work (and BTS images)!

Check out the whole project on my website, which also includes my series of documentary images during the camp!









Comments

Popular Posts