Jody Wilson-Raybould and Jane Philpott - cover shoot for Maclean's

I am beyond humbled to have been chosen to photograph Jody Wilson Raybould and Jane Philpott for the May 2019 cover of Maclean's. We had a fantastic shoot filled with many laughs. It is a shoot I will not soon forget.

It was a whirlwind making this all come together in only a couple days, and I couldn’t have done it without my amazing team. Thank you Kamara Morozuk for pre production prep, assisting, and BTS, Veronique Boucher for spending some of your intern hours with us, House of Common for the seamless, Noah Venkatarangam for the awesome hair and makeup, Kyleigh Telford for the fantastic retouching (with such a fast turnaround, again!), and of course Liz Sullivan for trusting me with this cover shoot.

Scroll on to see the cover portrait, tear sheets, BTS, and technical info!





Technical Information:

I used one Profoto B1X with a Deep White XL Umbrella and diffusion as the main light, camera left, feathered to light both women as equally as possible. I used a second B1X with a Deep White Medium Umbrella and diffusion beside it, still to camera left, to continue the wrapping of light. The strobes were triggered and controlled by Air Sync and Air USB. I used a Nikon D850 with a Nikon 24-70mm 2.8 lens, tethered to CaptureOne Pro via TetherTools to my Apple MacBook Pro in an SKB case.













Comments

Popular Posts