Natan Obed for Maclean's

Recently I had the privilege of photographing Natan Obed, President of Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami for Maclean's.

Natan was a pleasure to photograph. He is a very thoughtful, soft-spoken individual, so I knew getting introspective, stoic images would fit the bill. However I wanted to show more range of expression, and I was thrilled to get a couple genuine, hearty laughing portraits while talking about hockey, which ended up being some of my favourite shots.

ITK is a is a nonprofit organization in Canada that represents over 60,000 Inuit. The organization also represents the Inuit before the Government of Canada and advocates publicly on the population's behalf. One aim of the organization is to preserve Inuit culture and the Inuit languages.

Scroll on for a couple of portraits, the tear sheet, BTS, and technical info!



Technical Information:

I used one Profoto AcuteB 600 pack and head with a collapsed Deep White Medium Umbrella as the main light. The pack was triggered by Air Sync. I used a Nikon D850 with a Sigma 85mm 1.4 Art lens, tethered to CaptureOne via TetherTools to my Apple MacBook Pro in an SKB case.

Thanks to Kamara Morozuk for assisting and BTS!







Comments

Popular Posts